15 December 2017
Open ELS Project update – December 2017
During the last two months, the Open ELS Project:
- Defined data supply processes.
- Delivered the first version of the data contributors help desk comprising processes, tools and documentation. The helpdesk is available via the Open ELS website.
- Completed and published the results of the survey on open data policy in National Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registry Authorities, which identifies obstacles and barriers for an open data policy
- Completed a joint survey with JRC on open data availability and EU gazetteer, and started the analysis of the results.
- Began work for an on-the-fly edge-matching service.
Work now continues on metadata procedures and maintenance processes as well as Open ELS product development and identification of use cases. The Project is further analysing the survey results on open data availability and EU gazetteer with JRC, and continues its work to draft a framework for the open data policy. It is also initialising the work on the economic appraisal of Open ELS and the activities on strengthening the technical platform.